Monday, June 13, 2011

And Puppy makes more...work

It was a normal Saturday afternoon here in Atlanta. Evan and I love festivals and there just so happened to be one of our favorites going on that weekend! 420 Fest is thrown every year by Sweetwater Brewery to celebrate Earth Day (Yeah, it’s been a while since all this happened…Sorry for the delay in updating things! It’s been quite a busy few weeks and I’m just now sitting down to take the time to update things!) and give people a taste of their lovely, delicious beer!


There were SO many adorable couples with their even cuter puppies…and there was also a booth there with puppies for adoption. Rescue Me! Animal Project had a great selection of adorable puppies and kittens and (shocker) I fell in love with one of them.

Note to all boyfriends out there…girlfriend + beer + precious puppies = a really bad idea. Unless you’re totally ready for a commitment with your significant other. One that doesn’t involve a ring, a ceremony, or an exorbitant amount of money, that is. Ok, well an exorbitant amount of money will probably be spent regardless, but yeah. Needless to say, I found the (second) love of my life on this fateful day.

We took Cali to Centennial Park and she was tuckered out!
Have you ever seen the look in an animal’s eyes on those uber depressing Sarah McLaughlin ASPCA commercials that say “love me…all I want is some love and a home. Please love me and take me home with you…” and you either change the channel or sit there eating lots of carbs and crying hysterically? Well, you can’t do that in person. While looking at the bigger dogs, I met with the saddest eyes I’ve ever seen. And I fell in love.

After talking to the Rescue Me! Animal Project people, I found out that what they’re doing is actually really cool. The animals they rescue never go to a shelter. They always keep their available pups with a foster parent until they can find a home. I feel like they are preparing their pups for their future homes. After about an hour of talking to Audrey, the sad-eyed puppy’s foster mom, I decided I had to have this little girl!

Such a happy girl!
A little paperwork, a few giddy calls, a home inspection and a visit to a pet collar boutique booth at the festival (please check out Hollywoof Styles on Etsy!!!), Evan and I had a dog!

Cali's Collar
Thanks to Hollywoof Styles on Etsy.com
I cannot begin to tell you how amazing this puppy is! She has completely changed my life, in all the best ways possible. I never thought I could love an animal so much. I mean, I love my cat. I really do. But she doesn’t give me the unconditional love that Cali (oh, yeah, that’s what we named her!) has given me from the moment she became mine. I get to take her to work with me and she is so amazing with the kids. She is the best thing ever!

Shepp and Cali chillin' on a hot summer day!
In case you're wondering, Cali is a Catahoula mixed with something small (maybe a jack russell? something small and sweet, for sure!). She was kept with her mother and other littermates until the time she came to live with us. She has the best temperment and is nothing short of perfection! 

Anyway, here is the scoop…if you’re looking to adopt, please check out Rescue Me! Animal Project on facebook (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Rescue-Me-Animal-Project/133822049274?ref=ts) and once you’ve got your precious bundle of fur, stop by Hollywoof Styles to accessorize your precious pooch! (http://www.etsy.com/shop/hollywoofstyles?ref=ss_profile) And FYI, they donate a percentage of their proceeds to various animal rescue groups!


PS...Cali's mom, EmmyLou is still available from Rescue Me! Check her out!!

No comments:

Post a Comment