Monday, February 21, 2011

And the Award Goes To...

Forgive the blurred aspects.
Trying to respect anonymity if I can! 
Finally I get to post the pics of Gen's FABULOUS baby shower invites! As you can see, it's a Hollywood themed baby shower. A little unconventional, you say? I say, pshaw! Genesis loves Hollywood and celebrities and I must admit, I join her in this love! ANYWAY...Here's what I did:

Supplies!!!
  • Textured Cardstock in White and Red (I recommend getting thicker stuff...I didn't do this as I was in a time-crunch and I was pretty bummed it didn't work the way I wanted it to)
  • Red Envelopes
  • Paper Cutter
  • Scissors
  • Laser Printer
  • Glue Stick
  • Photo Corners in Gold
  • Crazy Mad Photoshop skills
  • Oh yeah, a fat, happy cat!


Mercedes LOVES bags...
 Ok, design your piece. Go on Photoshop and set up the paper size as A2 Folded. (I'll add the dimensions tomorrow. I'm a little jet-lagged from my cross-country trip this weekend! Yeah, met the boy's mom...so awesome! But that's another story entirely!) I downloaded some free photoshop brushes (also will add the proper credits for those tomorrow as I enjoy giving credit where credit is due) of film strips to use as the background. I also downloaded the official Oscar statue (not sure if this is legal though, but they have it up there for anyone to download...) and tweaked it a tad to make the tickets and the front. The background of the ticket includes a bunch of words about Genesis and her hubby and Hollywood all wrapped up into one. When deciding on text, make sure you include:

  • Honoree's name
  • Date, Time and Address of the shower
  • Names of all those hosting
  • Where the parents-to-be are registered
  • A way for guests to RSVP (and possibly a date by which they should do so)
  • Any special instructions for attire, gifts or directions

And printers...
Now print, my dears! Print away!


Cut out the "tickets" and use a hole puncher on either side to create that "ticket" look. Then glue onto red background and attach adhesive photo corners to use as a frame for the inside of the card.

Front of Card Detail

Inside and Front

 Now insert into envelopes, address and send...oh don't forget stamps!

No comments:

Post a Comment